There’s no shortage of fish oil supplements on the market today, and that can make it difficult for consumers to know which brand they can trust.
Discerning consumers will often have questions about ingredient quality, product effectiveness, and other critical concerns. In this review of Nordic Naturals ProOmega 2000 fish oil supplement, I will examine those questions and more to provide answers that can help you make the right dietary supplement choices for your health and wellness needs.
When choosing any dietary supplement, brand matters. In this case, that brand is rapidly becoming one of the world’s most-trusted fish oil supplement providers: Nordic Naturals.
Nordic Naturals has been committed to providing the benefits of omega-rich fish oil to consumers in many countries around the world, in a form that the body can most readily absorb for maximum effectiveness.
Nordic Naturals’ products are lab-tested to ensure they meet international purity standards, and all of their fish oil products are Friend of the Sea (FOS) certified.
The Highest Levels of Omega-3 Support
To ensure maximum absorption and benefits, ProOmega 2000 delivers a full 2000mg of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids in the 90+% triglyceride molecular form, as well as an additional 150mg of other omega-3s.
This form offers superior absorption, so when taking this high-intensity formula you can ensure that you receive the high-level omega-3 support needed for maximum health benefits. It is especially suitable for people who need a high dose of EPA and DHA for specific health issues.
High Quality Ingredients
The Nordic Naturals formula contains quality ingredients, including omega-3s derived from purified deep sea fish oil from sardines and anchovies, d-alpha tocopherol, rosemary extract, natural lemon flavor (masks the unpleasant fishy smell and taste), and a soft gel capsule that protects the fish oil from oxidative damage.
This formula contains no milk derivatives, artificial flavoring and coloring, or gluten.
A Great Choice for Your Omega-3 Fish Oil Needs
The high concentration of omega-3s, purity-tested ingredients, easiness on the stomach, and lack of side effects make this formula an excellent option for anyone’s omega-3 needs. Additionally, these lemon-flavored softgels don’t have a nasty odor or taste that fish oil supplements usually have.
This brand comes from a company that stands behind all its products. In a marketplace filled with uncertainty, that guarantee matters.
7 Reasons to Choose ProOmega 2000
So, to recap what was said above, the following are seven advantages that make this product stand out from the crowd:
- Perfect for people who require a high dose of EPA and DHA.
- Comes in triglyceride form, which is better absorbed than ethyl esters.
- No fishy smell, taste or aftertaste (unless damaged or subjected to heat).
- Oil is sourced from wild-caught anchovies and sardines from clean waters in the South Pacific and Atlantic oceans.
- Company is committed to sustainable sourcing and environmental responsibility.
- Third-party tested to ensure purity and safety of the ingredients.
- Adheres to international standards for fish oil quality and safety.
What Are The Disadvantages?
The following are some of the main drawbacks of ProOmega 2000:
- The capsules are largish (about 1 inch in length), but these are softgels and they are easy to swallow. If you are one of the people who have a problem swallowing large pills, you may not like this one much.
- Some users complained of receiving the product with some or all of the capsules stuck/clumped together. This is a common problem with gelatin softgels that may be caused by heat and humidity. It’s more likely to happen during warmer weather or under warm storage/shipping conditions. In such a case, placing the bottle in the refrigerator for a few hours then giving it a shake/hit might help separate the capsules.
- Although not having a fishy smell/taste is one of the pros of this supplement, some users reported that it had a fishy odor. This is likely to happen if one or more softgels have been broken and leaking or if the bottle has been sitting in a hot environment for a long time.
- This is not a vegetarian product. It contains bovine-sourced gelatin.
Note: Several of the reports of damaged/clumped/fishy products were for orders shipped by Amazon, which may not be the best place to buy health products from.
If your product arrives with leaking capsules, fishy smell, or damaged in any other way, you should contact the vendor or the manufacturer for a possible replacement or refund.
Where to Buy ProOmega 2000?
Many online health stores carry this brand. One of my favorite supplement shops that carries a selection of the best brands in the industry is PureFormulas. They currently sell ProOmega 2000 (lemon flavor) x 120 count for $76. This is 120 softgels per bottle; the largest bottle size this supplement comes in.
Unless you specifically need a high dosage of EPA/DHA, I’d say go with ProOmega 1000 instead. This formula contains a combined EPA and DHA dose of 1000 mg, which is about the recommended daily intake for healthy adults. This one costs $59 for a bottle of 180 count.